Monday, April 19, 2010

Next Stop, Kawela Bay



I've got Hawaii on the brain. I still can't believe I might be going. At least there's a trip planned and I've got a confirmation number with my name on it. Woo hoo! I saw some giant sea turtles at an aquarium in Las Vegas and I thought they were the most amazing things I had ever seen. They seem to glide through the water in a graceful movements that are like a choreographed ballet.


Closer to home, we've got a behavior modification problem. Roxy has had the run of the house since she first came to live with me. Unfortunately, she has no manners and at mealtimes we've been putting her in the bedroom so that she won't crawl up us to get to the food on the table. Here's the 'Houston, we have a problem' part of it -- she's learned how to open the bedroom door. No. I'm not kidding! She seems just as surprised as we are every time she manages to break out. In fact, she even looks behind the door to see who let her out -- and there's no one there. I can't imagine the kind of trouble she could get into if she had opposable thumbs. Any suggestions?

No comments: