Thursday, October 16, 2008

Daily Hot Flash

  • I've had a rough week. A really, really rough and very sleep-deprived week. To comfort me, Betty sent me a link to this movie of my beloved home in Leelanau County, Michigan. It was made in 1949. I find nostalgic glimpses of the past to be almost as comforting as tuna noodle casseroles with potato chip crusts. Leelanau is my favorite place on earth...and this is my favorite time of year there. I miss it very much. Take a peek and you may fall in love too. Here's what I suggest...wander on down to your company's break room and put some popcorn in the microwave, and then hurry back to your cubicle and dim lights. You may also need some Junior Mints if your vending machine's got 'em. And then, lean back in your painful little office chair and enjoy MGM's "Roaming Through Michigan." Tell your boss that it's the best use of your time...because it is!

  • One of the best things about the internet is that so many people seem to put their creative genius to work for no good purpose. With all credit to my dearest Javier, this is one of my most recent favorites. Don't stop moving around the Oval Office until you kill the deer.

  • Did you know that your sign determines how your career will go? Yes, well I'm almost willing to believe anything these days.

  • And finally... because we all need to believe that good triumphs over evil....that brighter days are ahead...that the Red Sox can beat the Devil Rays and get to the World Series...here's a story from a small town in Texas that will make you believe again that the world has not completely gone haywire and there are places where beauty is still measured by what you look like on the inside. And the other lesson in this story is that when you're given a tiara -- it is best to never to take it off. How else will the world know that you're the Queen?

No comments: