Friday, November 7, 2008
- What's a girl to do now that she doesn't have Sarah Palin to kick around anymore? Escape to a tropical island? I wish...
- Back when John McCain first picked Sarah Palin as his running mate, I was enraged. How dare he believe that a rockin' chick like Hillary Clinton could so easily be replaced with just another vagina. It doesn't work for me...and it doesn't work for Gloria Steinem. I love it when a chick with some serious gravitas gets your back.
- The Handsomest Man Alive sent me the link to this article by Maureen Dowd in the New York Times. He has pretty good taste, I think. Don't you?
- I'm thrilled to say that the Brit comedian Stephen Fry started following me on Twitter this morning. Me and 10,000 other people across the globe. Now if only Rachel Maddow would follow me back. Yes, I have become addicted to tweeting...but that doesn't mean that Miss Goldie Rush will be getting her own twitter account any time soon.
- Joan Allen is going to play artist Georgia O'Keefe in a made-for-television movie. Joan and Georgia are two of my favorite artists.
- This post on Jezebel combines two of my most very favorite things: Project Runway and Michelle Obama's fashion sense. Thank you!
- Are you sleeping? Yeah. Me neither.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
- Gobama! We've got high hopes!
- Some words of wisdom from a real Cinderella.
- Rumors of the new First Family adopting a labradoodle puppy to go with them to the White House may be untrue. The Obamas may be looking to adopt a rescue puppy to be First Dog. I'm working on the screenplay over the weekend about the puppy on death row at a Chicago shelter that is chosen at random to go and live in the White House. No stealing my idea!
- I'm just not sure if this is a good idea...or not. I was very disappointed in the first movie version...if the second one is just as depressing...I'll save my $14 for a Cosmopolitan at the bar.
- The GOP is sending Sarah Palin to virtual Siberia. Did they not know that she's from Alaska? She knows how to deal with the cold and the snow. Geesh! You guys fight like girls!
- The L.A. Dodgers show Manny the money.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
My bedroom slippers are the most comfy footwear I've ever owned. I think it's the combination of a very thick sole and the memory foam cushion, but I have never in my life owned footwear as comfortable as my white scuffs. They are not glamorous or sexy...that has been pointedly pointed out to me on more than one occasion...but I worship them as if they were a pair of stilettos. I bought them on sale at Mervyns. I went back and bought a pair for my mom a few weeks later. My cat has peed on them and I put them through the washer and dryer. I frequently take the garbage out in them. I have them waiting for me at my bedside every morning when I get up so I don't have to look for them. Some mornings looking forward to putting on my deliciously comfy slippers is the only thing that gets me out of bed at 4:30 a.m.
Last night around 8:00 p.m. when I realized that I'd been in my work clothes, and at work for more than twelve hours, I changed into my second work outfit of the day, and put on my slippers. I changed in the ladies room and then shuffled back in my slippers to the newsroom. At first, I wasn't going to leave my desk wearing my slippers, I didn't want anyone to know I was wearing them, but by the time the clock struck midnight everyone in the newsroom had been informed that I was comfortable and I was wearing slippers. I'd been up and down every hallway in the radio station in my slippers. When the AP flashed across my computer screen, 'Obama wins presidency,' I was happy and wearing comfy slippers. No, Cinderella wasn't wearing glass slippers at midnight, but at least I didn't embarrass myself wearing bunny slippers in the newsroom. I'd found a way to get through my nightmare workday...with a little bit of comfort. I think it's a good omen for the future.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
- Did you have your lucky charms for breakfast? You can bet Obama and McCain did.
- A classic gets a little bit of a nip and a tuck here and there...
- Have you met Rachel Maddow? She's the new girl on the block on MSNBC.
- And she twitters!
- Just be glad you're not voting with these guys!
- We're either all going to be in our jammies by bedtime...or it's going to be a long night.
Monday, November 3, 2008
With 24 hours to go until Election Day...all I can think is...what am I going to do with my free time when it's over? What will I do with all of my pent-up aggression if I'm not raging about Sarah Palin being received as if she had earned a place on the national stage? If I'm not defending Hillary Clinton? If I'm not checking the polls? If I'm not surfing past all of my favorite political websites? What will I do? Suggestions welcome, but keep it clean, people...
- As we wrap up the Neverending Election Year...here's a few last items on the agenda. The New York Times has a really intriguing article about how the 'interwebs' made the presidential race an entirely different ballgame. The Los Angeles Times puts the focus on all of the people who became celebrities as a result of their roles in the media commenting on the campaigns. 'Saturday Night Live' has become must-see TV and no one will ever underestimate the power of Oprah again.
- Voting can be stimulating...and then there's ice cream!
- When you read this article, please remember that someone was paid to write it. Can you believe it? Like any woman over 40 needed to know that pretty trumps smart. Really? I'm shocked!
- Are you missing Tim Russert as much as I am? I think he'd be gleefully enjoying this election season. NBC executives are getting close to announcing who they're planning on having attempt to fill his huge hush puppies.
- Take the time today to celebrate a chick who did it her own way.