Friday, June 26, 2009

That's right, you can call me Cougarella...

About a month ago I started receiving email advertisements in my inbox for a local Santa Clarita watering hole that has a reputation as a 'cougar' hangout. For those of you who aren't up on the hippest lingo (and since I'm using the word 'lingo' I totally resemble that remark), a 'cougar' is a middle-aged woman who spends her days (and nights) in pursuit of hot young men. For centuries, men have been chasing women half their age, and we never gave them a predatory name. But when women start thinking what's good for the gander is good for the goose...that's when the name-calling and finger-pointing begins.

I'd like to know how I got on the list of Santa Clarita cougars. Am I being discriminated against because of my age? And more importantly, should I be thrilled or devastated that I'm being included in that particular group. Yes, I have on occasion had impure thoughts about Justin Timberlake, but I don't remember sharing that with anyone. Oops! There goes that theory.

No comments: