Monday, July 26, 2010

The Best Recipe For Happiness



It is a truth universally acknowledged that most of the general population is more clever than I am. I spend countless hours toiling over a few lines of prose -- wrestling a plot line into submission -- while a group of people have already come up with one of the most hilarious web videos I've ever seen. The mash up of Jane Austen and "Fight Club" -- a movie about bored young men who (led by the scruffed-up-yet-still-prettier-than-me Brad Pitt) beat the crap out of each other for the adrenaline rush. The plot is a little more complicated than that -- but I think that's all you need to know.


The New York Times was full of pet stories today. Turns out the latest trend is pet-friendly home decor -- which it turns out is more complicated than having a throw on your sofa. And then there was this poignant farewell to a beloved family member.

No comments: