Monday, November 29, 2010

Meet Mr. and Mrs. Johnson

I had been hearing the buzz for some time now. I read an article in September that said we should just cancel the 2011 Oscar telecast and give the awards out to the cast and crew of "The King's Speech." And so when I discovered that the film was playing within 100 miles of my home, I had to go. And I was not disappointed. The look of the film -- fantabulous. The script -- sublime. The performances -- amazing. The script is based on true events -- so I had to do a little research online about the players when I came home. And I was glad to see that other (more important) filmmakers and film buffs were also praising this remarkable movie. Of course, it should be noted that Tim Burton is Mr. Helena Bonham Carter. Still, I agree with him.

No comments: