Tuesday, October 27, 2009

There's No Business Like Show Business...


Just a few quick notes after a holiday weekend. Yes, a birthday is a holiday. And this year was one of my favorites. Not only did I dine with the Handsomest Man Alive at a fancy schmancy steakhouse...I also became the owner of an Amazon Kindle. I have dreamed of being a Kindle owner for quite some time, but since the Kindle falls into the category of a want rather than a need, I didn't think I would become a Kindle owner for quite some time. I asked for Ugg boots and a Timex watch. This is much better. Many fun free ebooks available at Manybooks.net.
Two stories on my mind today...Ricky Gervais has been selected as the host of the Golden Globes...as if that award ceremony could be any more fun. Why doesn't AMPAS learn to take themselves slightly less seriously? And it's a hard-knock life being a funny girl. Yeah, I had an idea that might be true.

1 comment:

Linda C. McCabe said...

Sarah,
I have a couple of books that you can buy for your Kindle without big price tags.

Go to Scribd.com and browse the following titles to see if any strike your fancy:

The God Patent by Ransom Stephens
The Sower by Kemble Scott
The Widow's Husband by Tamim Ansary
Ergo Sum by Yanina Gotsulsky
Exult by Joe Quirk

The novels are written by friends of mine in the San Francisco literary community. They're fabulous writers and most of them run $2 a download. That's less than a typical latte.

You can also read samples of the work before you buy.

You could go to Amazon and pay more for the download, but not get anything more for your money.

Enjoy your bright shiny new toy!