Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Paper Dolls For Dress Up


I'm going to a wedding. The Handsomest Man Alive is actually in the bridal party and he bought a new suit for the occasion. He looked so good when he was trying it on, I had a hard time keeping my hands off him. Seriously. And so I had a hard time trying to come up with "a look" that would match with his. I'm devoted to the bridal dress reality program, 'Say Yes To the Dress,' but I hate shopping. I come by it honestly, my mother develops terminal illnesses if she's forced to wander around  a mall for more than an hour. And so I was reduced to shopping online -- which is a lot easier than it used to be -- and for someone like me who spends eight hours parked in front of a computer  -- seriously practical. After emailing several different dresses around to several different email addresses and getting feedback from trusted associates, I selected the above option. I usually lean toward a little black dress. I live under the delusion that it makes me look slimmer, but the bridesmaids are wearing black.  I never wear blue. I though this blue was such an unusual and intriguing shade, I fell in love with it. Plus it will go good with purple -- which is my favorite color. I love getting my toenails painted purple. And I learned a new phrase during this shopping spree -- "age appropriate." I found it really difficult to find a dress to suit my age (and body) that wasn't too 'mother of the bride.' Ack! Getting hitched isn't easy for anyone -- even if you're just along for the ride.

No comments: