Tuesday, April 14, 2009

And They Call It Puppy Love

Today the new first dog, Bo Obama is going to take his first official White House photo op with the rest of his young family. His life so far has not been easy. His first family rejected him because he didn't get along with their older Portuguese Water Dog. So he was sent back to the breeder, just about the same time that Senator Ted Kennedy called to see if they had a dog that would be a good fit for the President of the United States. And just like that, Bo (who was formerly known as Charlie), fell into a big tub of butter. He will not be chained up in the sideyard of a mobile home. He'll be spending the better part of the rest of his days romping in the White House rose garden. He looks like he's worthy of his fate.

I was about the age of Sasha and Malia when I was given my first dog for Christmas. Angus was the best scottie dog ever. I loved him. Unfortunately, my Dad and Angus took one look at each other and fell madly in love. They adored each other. Angus was given to me, but he was my Dad's dog. He made his choice. And by the looks of the photo above, Bo may be making the same decision. I'm sure Sasha and Malia will still love him.

No comments: