Thursday, April 16, 2009

Holding Out For A Hero


Watch CBS Videos Online

I've read a lot of blog posts about Susan Boyle over the last few days. I personally got phone calls from readers after I posted her video on my blog. And I heard today that since the video of her audition on "Britain's Got Talent" was posted on YouTube, it's had more than 12 million hits. She's an international internet sensation. Some people think we're all shallow because we want our talent gift-wrapped in a visually pleasant package, and when someone like Susan comes along and isn't what we expect, we're all shocked. I guess I think my fascination with her is different. I'm fascinated with her because I identify with her. She is the personification of why I started a blog called "Cinderella After Midnight." What happens when you've reached the age when you're supposed to accept that your youthful dreams may not come true? I'm fascinated with Susan Boyle because she reminds me that it's never too late for dreams to come true...if you're willing to risk it all. I mean can you imagine the courage it takes to sing in front of Simon Cowell? Susan may look like a little wallflower, but I think Simon is right...she is a 'tiger.' And she continues to amaze me. I can hardly wait until she and Paul Potts go on tour together.

No comments: