Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's Raining Cats & Dogs

It's raining in Los Angeles. That's all I have time to tell. My socks are wet, my hair is bad and the power is out at my apartment. I was stumbling around this morning in the dark with a candle like Jane Friggin' Austen. (Although probably not as well dressed, but that's gonna need a post all its own.) Needless to say, there was very little I thought that could put me in a good mood -- until I stumbled across this story from a Japanese newspaper. Tama the stationmaster cat has received a promotion. I don't know enough Japanese to tell you if her new position comes with any sort of financial reward, I do know that it comes with a new hat. And that hat must be mighty uncomfortable. I may not understand Japanese, but I understand cat -- and that one doesn't like her hat. What cat would, really? I'm surprised that guy holding the cat hasn't been maimed.

No comments: