Friday, January 22, 2010

Say Goodbye To Hollywood


Triumph The Insult Comic Dog - Star Wars
by ZaraV
Tonight is the last night that Conan O'Brien will host the Tonight Show. I gotta admit I didn't watch his show that often, but that's only because I can't stay up that late. I try, but I have to get up pretty early and I'm usually sawing ZZZZZs by eleven every night. To be fair I should also admit that my all-time favorite host of the Tonight Show is Johnny Carson. After he left, I lost interest. I feel terrible for Conan that he's going to lose his job because someone else -- with a longer track record and obviously meaner representation -- has failed at their job. I'm sympathetic to his plight. I also feel bad for all of the crew members who moved west with Conan to do the job from Hollywood as tradition would dictate. (Check out the nice house Conan bought as his family's west coast base. I hope they don't get rid of it.) As if to add insult to injury, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog is one of the pieces of intellectual property that Conan created at NBC that he won't be allowed to take with him. Triumph's going to the television pound.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My phone ringer is the Tonight Show theme. RIP Johnny