Friday, March 18, 2011

Tuppence A Bag

Just before Christmas, the Handsomest Man Alive and I discovered a new money pit. It's called Teavana and it's a wonderful little store where they sell very expensive teas, tea makers and tea pots. One sales guy actually attempted to sell the HMA on the merits of owning a $500 pot. Seriously. As if. Since we've been dieting for so long and always in search of treats that won't add calories to our daily intake, we had reached the point where $4 for a cup of coffee didn't seem at all unreasonable. In fact, woozy from a lack of food, we were happy to pay it. For Christmas, I got the tea and all the fixin's -- beautiful tins of delicious teas, a special measuring tea spoon, special rock sugar imported from Germany (Who knew Germany was the rock sugar capital of the world?), a tea maker and the tea cup. I make a pot of tea almost every night. In fact, I can even talk myself out of a dessert by telling myself that I can have a cup of tea instead.  But I gotta say, as the royal wedding approaches and my excitement builds, I just might have to figure out a way to get my hands on these Royal Tea Bags. Hmmm...

No comments: