Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ultimate Courage and Loyalty


I've been completely focused on the catastrophe in Japan for over a week now. The news is so bleak. There are so few bright spots that I've almost become immune to the many faces I've seen whose lives will never be the same again. When I saw this video on the news last night, it hit home...and it hit hard. I can't imagine an animal lover who wouldn't be moved by the sight of these two precious animals, shivering, sick and disoriented, but completely loyal to each other. And judging by the huge name plate under their chin, beloved by their humans. CNN and Telegraph UK are both reporting that these dogs have since been rescued, but this video is a reminder that there will likely be thousands of pets orphaned or involuntarily abandoned due to the catastrophe in Japan. FIND OUT how you can help.

No comments: