Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Morning Hot Flash August 26, 2008


  • I love 'Mad Men' on AMC. I couldn't believe it when I discovered it last summer. It was so steamy and fun. Season Two took awhile to get rolling, but it's getting really good. Nothing is as it seems. And Jon Hamm's not just a pretty face, he's also nominated for an Emmy.


  • A couple of years ago, one of my dearest friends and I went to Las Vegas for my birthday. She was seven months pregnant. I was 40. As we went through the security checkpoint, she was pulled aside by a TSA Agent who said, "You've been selected for a random wanding." I was indignant. "Why is she being selected?" I demanded. "It's obvious she's been wanded more recently than I have!" I haven't flown a lot recently, but I must admit that this is one of the things that I live in fear of happening to me.

  • I know I should work out and watch what I eat more than I do. I'm starting to get some middle-aged bulges here and there that make me cringe when I look in the mirror. But I'm not sure I want to be able to crack walnuts in my armpits and crush men's skulls like canned hams between my thighs when I'm 50 either.



  • Last night we watched the crawl on MSNBC go by for hours that made reference to the Florida 'Straights.' Three hours into it, I couldn't take it anymore and I sent an email to MSNBC through their website. Within fifteen minutes, we noticed that it had been changed to 'Straits.' I was so feeling my power.

  • The DNC kicked off with a lot of heart between the tribute to Ted Kennedy and Obama's kids stealing the spotlight from their mother (Am I the only one who LOVES Michelle Obama's retro Jackie-O style?), but there was plenty of nasty going on in Denver. Three MSNBC dudes got into a bitchy cat-fight on national television. Keith Olberman, Chris Matthews and Joe Scarborough prove women don't own giving each other attitude.



No comments: