Thursday, October 30, 2008

Daily Hot Flash

  • "I'll have what she's having..."A few years ago I went to see a film adaptation of Henry Miller's "Golden Bowl" at a small movie theatre in Beverly Hills. It was a Saturday night and I was all alone in the theatre. Who else would be interested in seeing a costume drama/tragedy on a Saturday night? Much to my surprise, a few minutes after I sat down, Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner and their respective wives sat down in the row right in front of me. I was beside myself. I wanted to call everyone I knew on my cell phone and tell them what was happening. I wanted to go all James Lipton on them, and ask them questions about writing comedy. And I thought Anne Bancroft was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I'm so sorry they're both gone.


  • Elizabeth Edwards seems like one of the most genuine political wives in recent history. She handles life's hurdles with grace.

  • I don't know who this dude thinks he's kidding. I have a feeling there are a lot more people who'd like to see a 50 year-old supermodel naked than see him stripped down to his boxer shorts.

  • Still searching for something fun to do on Halloween?


No comments: