Thursday, August 14, 2008

Morning Hot Flash August 14, 2008

  • Last night I was talking to my best friend on the phone for the first time in like FOR-evah when she says, "Honey, I love you, but the swimming is on." I hung up immediately. The girl's got the fever. I confess that I've had impure thoughts about Michael Phelps in his swimming ahhhh...attire...and yes, you don't have to remind me that I'm old enough to be his mommy. Oh Mommy! We've all got the FEV-ah! I'm exhausted from monitoring the Olympic activities round-the-clock, and now they tell me they're going to add a little more eye candy to the closing ceremonies. I can't take it!

  • It was my favorite angry chick you-done-me-so-bad song. It was such a let down to learn it was about one of the guys from Full House.

  • Ask her if she wants to go to the mall. If she can text her answer back to you faster than she can talk, she's thirteen.

  • Turns out my idol, chef Julia Child, was poaching more than salmon during World War II...she was poaching secrets too. The lovely Julia was a spy. I remember reading in her biography that she had worked for the OSS in China...I just assumed that meant she was a spy, but I'm going to act surprised so that I can be like everyone else this morning.

  • A woman has won the hog-calling contest for the first time ever. Doris Probst entered the contests for both the hog-calling and the husband-calling at the Illinois State Fair this year. I'm not sure how things turned out for her in the husband-calling contest, but I think her triumph in the hog-calling is proof that bacon is better. Rock on, sister!

  • Older chicks know that we don't have to pay a lot for fashion. It's our attitude that makes us look so goooooood!

No comments: