Thursday, August 21, 2008

Morning Hot Flash August 21, 2008


  • Sheryl Crow throws a Tupperware party. Grab your Chex mix and come on down!

  • Sharon Stone's date is half her age. Same goes for Bruce Willis, Donald Trump, Michael Douglas, Hugh Hefner, Phil Collins...should I go on?


  • Jodie Foster finds out that being a lesbian won't opt her out of the standard midlife crisis...and her ex may get $25 million. Makes a girl think!



  • Want to make your dreams come true by starting your own company? I can smell your passion from here.

  • I count The Devil Wears Prada in the top five of my favorite Chick Lit books. And I loved the movie. I actually own it on DVD. I went to see author Lauren Weisberger speak at the LA Festival of Books a couple years ago. She seemed a little more concerned about how she looked than what she was going to say -- but I cut the girl some slack because she was a survivor of the fashion industry. But since that time, I've attempted to read her two follow-up novels. I can't remember the name of either. They were dreck, and I failed miserably. Which is a big deal for me, because like Mikey and Life Cereal, I'll read almost anything. No wonder she's hoping someone else comes up with an idea for her next book.

No comments: