Thursday, August 21, 2008

Extra Tit-Bits

  • And now for something completely different...You may have noticed that I haven't been as focused on the Olympic games recently, and so I guess I must shoulder some of the blame for everything that's gone wrong over in Beijing over the past 24 hours or so. I wasn't the only one who dropped the ball...both the men's and women's 4x100 relay teams from Team USA dropped their respective batons during preliminary heats and will not be going for a medal. I'm not a professional, but I do believe NOT dropping the baton is key to winning a relay race. Meanwhile, the Queens of Softball: Team USA -- in a big shocker -- lost the gold medal game to the Japanese and the USA women's water polo team got their asses kicked by the Netherlands. Fortunately, beach volleyball bombshells Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh played in the rain and won in straight sets over a very tough Chinese home team. The men in my world stayed up late watching that athletic competition...and I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that they were wearing wet bikinis and hugging after each point. Nothing at all. Team USA's soccer girls also came through with gold medals after defeating Brazil in overtime. Way to rock it, ladies!

  • Just as I have always assumed...dressing 'real women' isn't something the fashion industry is actually interested in. It makes me outraged!

  • We were eating sushi in the back corner of our favorite little Japanese restaurant in the Santa Clarita Valley when this song came on the radio. I couldn't stop my toes from tapping. It samples Warren Zevon's 'Werewolves of London' and 'Sweet Home Alabama.' Only Kid Rock could do it. But the real reason I'm including it here is that the video was filmed in northern Michigan. Makes me misty-eyed and homesick...

No comments: