Monday, August 4, 2008

Morning Hot Flash August 3, 2008


  • "You can take the girl out of Michigan, but you can't take Michigan out of the girl," the Material Girl said during her weekend visit to the Traverse City Film Festival. Thanks for the great reporting, TMZ! Michael Moore and Madonna aren't from Traverse City, Michigan -- they were both born and raised in the thumb, but once Moore became rich and famous, he realized the error of his upbringing, and moved to the beauty of the northwoods around Traverse City. Madonna's Dad owns a winery in the Leelanau peninsula. And how do I know all this? I'm from Traverse City, and I have the birth certificate to prove it.

  • Finally! The first photo of the Brangelina twins have been posted on the Internets...anybody else think they just look like babies?

  • I had always heard that Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was a secret druggie film. Thanks to the editing wizardry of some guy on YouTube, we all can see the essence of chocolate is cacao.

  • Here's an idea for how Whole Foods can seem less expensive in tight economic times...cut the prices!

  • I'm nursing Charlie Brown's tomato plant out on my patio, but in my delusional mind, my garden looks like this.

No comments: