Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Daily Hot Flash


  • When I think of legendary journalist Bob Woodward...Robert Redford appears in my imagination. That'll happen when you get a pretty boy to play a hard-nosed newspaper guy in a film that I've seen more times than I should admit. Redford may be star of stage and screen, but Woodward usually has interesting things to say.

  • For Christmas last year my boyfriend surprised me with a little bauble from Tiffany & Co. Never in my life did I think I'd get a little something from Tiffany & Co., but the surprise was doubled because the signature turquoise box was wrapped up inside an AT&T cellphone box in order to keep me guessing even longer. It was a delightfully delicious deception that pleased both the recipient and the giver. On the other hand, Sarah Palin's politics are not delightfully deceiving. Her politics are deception at its worst. It's James Dobson's far-right uptight evangelical politics gift-wrapped in such a well put together package that you almost buy that Sarah Palin is a feminist breaking new ground for women all over the world. Sarah Palin looks a lot like me -- with better clothes and professionally styled hair. So like other middle-aged women, who have been forced to swallow the bitter pill of sexism, I'm also forced to identify with her. I hate that I'm being manipulated. I hate that this deception is working, but I don't like people spreading false rumors either. I want the facts.
  • Dear Sarah Palin. I spent last week at home watching the Republican National Convention. I'd like to know who to send my invoice to and when I will be reimbursed?
  • Doh! I could've pitched this idea! Instead I had a V-8.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

You think she looks a lot like YOU...check this out:

http://melinda-2-mindy.blogspot.com/2008/09/melinda2mindy2sarah.html