Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Daily Hot Flash


It's all 'Lipstick Politics' today. I thought I mentioned here prior to the Democratic National Convention that I thought that women were a force to be reckoned with in the 2008 Presidential race -- but no one seemed to be listening. They begged for Hillary Clinton to bow out of the race with grace. Well, they're listening now -- unfortunately, women want to see a woman succeed in politics so badly that they aren't listening to Sarah Palin. Her politics are right-wing fanatical. She's James Dobson in a skirt. She scares me to death. I know she never took an economics class in college. I know it without even looking at her transcripts. And her knowledge of foreign affairs is frighteningly lacking. But it doesn't matter to white middle-aged women who feel like they haven't been heard or seen. They look at her and they see a familiar face. I don't know how Obama can combat this kind of rage once it's been unleashed. I don't know if I can survive financially during another four years of disastrous Republican economic policies, and I don't understand why people don't want someone smarter than they are leading the country. I want the best -- not the best dressed. Obviously, I'm in the minority...I'm frightened.

Forbes has put together a field guide to the modern American mom. They're not your momma's mamma.

Here's a Cinderella who's been cooking with her Prince Charming for 53 years.

My Detroit Red Wings have signed Chris Chelios to a one-year deal. It's his 25th year playing in the National Hockey League. He's the Methuselah of hockey players.

And yet another reason that I wish I had money...

2 comments:

Frugal Wench said...

If she will just keep talking, she'll nail herself to the wall. I don't understand how women could vote for her, just because she's a woman. Idiots, I'm telling you, IDIOTS!

I'm going to sign up today to campaign for Obama. I'm putting a sign in my yard for the first time in my life.

The thought of McCain dying and that wicked witch taking over the country is just too much to bear.

Diane said...

Here's another middle aged white woman who saw through the McCain campaign's cynical political maneuver right off the bat. Sarah Palin is a joke. Only I'm not laughing...