Friday, September 5, 2008

Balloon War Correspondent

I peed myself laughing last night watching NBC's fearless chief foreign affairs correspondent Andrea Mitchell be pinned down under seige by red, white and blue balloons on the Republican convention floor in St. Paul, Minn., after John McCain gave his nomination acceptance speech. As an intrepid reporter, she kept trying to file her report amid flying spherical objects, but nothing she said made any sense. I must admit I couldn't hear her over the sound of my own laughter as she attempted to get in the camera shot - hopelessly batting at the balloons as her face continued to disappear into a patriotic sea of color....and then her colleagues immediately turned on her.

MSNBC's Keith Olbermann called it "the political equivalent of Chuck E. Cheese."


Tom Brokaw dubbed the episode: "Andrea 'Boom-Boom' Mitchell and the Dance of the Republican Balloons."

And Brian Wilson was incredulous --"I've been in Ramadi with that woman with automatic weapons going off - that didn't stop her, but it appears mylar has stopped Andrea Mitchell in her tracks."
Strap on your Depends and peep it here...

No comments: