Friday, September 5, 2008

Morning Hot Flash August 5, 2008


I'm so tired of that little cupcake Sarah Palin dominating the world that I decided this morning to turn my attention to cupcakes.

  • A cupcake always make me happy. The way I feel about cupcakes is probably the same way that John Denver felt when he sang about Sunshine on My Shoulders. I think that it's hard not to smile when you're looking at a cupcake. Of course, these days cupcakes are all hip and trendy and so the cupcake wars have broken out. Can you believe it? Yet another reason to enjoy being over 40 and truly in capable of being hip and trendy...
  • And get back to cupcakes...check out Bakerella who has devoted herself to all things cupcake. Love it!
  • Okay, cupcake break over. Here's Gloria Steinem with good reasons to not-so much like the Caribou Barbie.
  • Now that the Democrats and Republicans have wrapped up their conventions, I've got a great idea for a new television chat show -- I'm calling it MamaZ -- co-hosted by Mama Biden and Mama McCain. I have no doubt that these two crusty old cupcakes operate in a no-bullshit zone.
  • Olympic cupcake Nastia Liukin let Michael Phelps take the Frosted Flakes. She's going for the real deal.
  • And by the way...just in case you enjoyed the kinder softer version of John McCain that you saw address the RNC last night, I think you ought to know that he called his wife the c-word. And I don't mean cupcake...

No comments: