It's MSNBC's Keith Olbermann. He's tall and cute and I thought a little man-candy might be just the thing to perk us all up after watching the RNC last night. Keith hosted the DNC live from Denver, but is hosting the RNC from NYC. I don't blame him.
Did you see Republican VP pick Sarah 'Pitbull' Palin give her speech last night in St. Paul? That's right, she was the one wearing the lipstick. The entire country has fallen in love with this little spitfire and her family -- just as the McCain campaign drones planned all along. It's hard not to find her really appealing. But while everyone else has jumped on Sarah's Zamboni -- I'm hoping that the women in the United States realize that there's one thing Sarah isn't...she's no Hillary. I'll bet you money that you'll never see Sarah in a pantsuit...because she doesn't believe in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantsuits.
Politically, Sarah Palin stands for everything that I'm against. And she makes it look so easy. Poor Hillary, she fought so hard for so long...and now this former beauty queen comes along and leaps into the national spotlight that seems to only have room for one woman. For your reading pleasure:
- Turns out Sarah Palin's authority as Commander in Chief of the Alaskan National Guard isn't as broad as we were lead to believe.
- Here's the dirt about her attempt to get her ex-brother-in-law fired. She fired the guy who refused to fire the douchebag who used to be married to her sister. I can't say I blame her for this use of her power. After all, blood is thicker than water.
- The National Enquirer has re-focused their dig for dirt from Palin's unwed teen pregnant daughter to Sarah's own sexual indescretions. For Heaven's sake, it's a long cold winter living in Alaska. What's a girl to do?
- If we're all God's children, I doubt that He takes sides during war.
- At least one hockey mom weighs in to say -- we're not all huddled under the same blanket as Sarah at the rink.
- And here's Joe...