Thursday, July 31, 2008

Extra Tit-Bits

  • When I was ten years-old, I wanted to go see "The Yearling" with my friends. My Dad, who could always be counted on to never say no, said absolutely not. I went anyway. I left the theatre right after the deer was shot in the head and ran all the way home with tears and snot streaming down my face. I take this trip down memory lane as a way of introducing you to this bittersweet animal story...and here's the happy ending that I wished had been in the movie.

  • Friday is National Girlfriends Day! Before my boyfriend has a chance to freak out and hide his credit cards -- it's not that kind of girlfriend. It's a day to celebrate your female friends. The fabulous website, Girlfriendology, has created a list of ways you can let your 'girltourage' know that you love them.

  • When I was twelve, I wanted to be an architect. When I was thirteen, I found out it involved math, thus bringing my career plans to a close. No worries, when I was fourteen, I wanted to be a rock star. I think we all know how well that turned out. I'm glad I left the architecture to the professionals -- here's a little something about one of the best.

No comments: