Monday, July 28, 2008

Morning Hot Flash July 28, 2008


  • I fell asleep long before the premiere episode of the second season of "Mad Men" was even at the halfway point. I managed to see the opening montage -- which was lovely, but after that things get a little cloudy. Did Don Draper actually spend Valentine's Day with Betty? No. That couldn't be true. When you have a 4:30 a.m. wake-up call, it's hard to still be awake for the eleven o'clock news the night before. Jay Leno falls in the "I'd love to, but I can't" category, and I have a better chance of sleeping with Craig Ferguson than I have of being awake to see his show. So please, don't tell me what happened on last night's episode of "Mad Men." I have it on my DVR and will enjoy it this afternoon when I get home. Until then, I'll get my fix behind the scenes...

  • Helen Thomas is one of the original old broads. I admire her spirit, her smarts and her perseverance. I can hardly wait to see the documentary about her life in the White House press corps.

  • A bunch of former employees of Google got together to create something really cool. Only they decided to spell it a little bit differently. Check it out here...it's way cuil!


  • I'm always a day late and a dollar short. I'll be mailing my reservation in for next year's conference right after lunch.

  • I have always been fascinated with the idea of ghost . I love visiting ghost towns. I think it grew out of my long-time fascination with history. And now there's a website devoted to ghost towns so that you and Caspar can plan your next vacation.


  • I don't know about you, but my self-esteem has been in a witness protection program for years.

No comments: