Thursday, July 31, 2008

Morning Hot Flash July 31, 2008


  • From the category of "it should come as no surprise," turns out we like our women very thin and our cats very fat. I seriously wish it was the other way around. It would be healthier for all of us. And by-the-way, the vet just confirmed that "Princess Chunk" is actually "Prince Chunk." And his foster mom is claiming he has a thyroid problem. Hmmmmm....

  • People under 40 -- go on yoga dates. People over 40 -- get drunk on Cadillac margaritas and then go home and wrestle for control of the television remote. Who's getting a better workout? I'll let you decide.

  • One of my favorite websites, Jezebel is doing a feature on the new "Celebrity Cellulite" cover story on the National Enquirer. It's my favorite annual issue. Go on! Make yourself a second cup of coffee, and settle in to scrutinize the cottage cheese on the thighs of movie stars. You'll feel a whole better about your own dimpled bum-bum...

  • I cry every Sunday night when they "move that bus," but I had a horrible feeling that something like this would happen...


  • I fall in love with the drama of the Olympics every two years. I'm planning to order Chinese food and enjoy the opening ceremonies from Beijing next Friday night. Did you ever wonder what happens to the athletes after the games? The New York Times found out in a fabulous multimedia report.

No comments: