Friday, July 25, 2008

FWD: Jokes From Betty

Every third email I get from my mom has been forwarded from one of her friends. She doesn't erase the other information that is forwarded and the joke is often found at the bottom of a long list of email addresses. I think that forwarded jokes via email have become as much a part of a retirement lifestyle as early bird dinner specials and wintering in Florida. The jokes are old and never fail to make me laugh.

From: "Mom"
Date: July 24, 2008 10:54:41 AM PDT
To: [Sarah]
Subject: FWD: Luigi


At Saint Mary's Catholic Church they have a weekly husband's marriage seminar. At the session last week, the Priest asked Luigi, who was approaching his 50th wedding anniversary, to take a few minutes and share some insight into how he had managed to stay married to the same woman all these years.

Luigi replied to the assembled husbands, "Well, I've a-tried to treat-a her nice, spend the money on her, but best is that I took-a her to Italy for the 20th anniversary!"

The Priest responded, "Luigi, you are an amazing inspiration to all the husbands here! Please tell us what you are planning for your wife for your 50th anniversary."

Luigi proudly replied, "I'm a-gonna go and get her."

No comments: